Welcome to Healthy Soccer Kids!
Chocolate Chip Oat Bars (Nut-Free)
Author: Sally Kuzemchak
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Report this ad
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Leave enough extra to drape the edges over slightly so you can lift the bars out when they’re done. Or you can spray or grease the pan generously instead.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats through cinnamon) in a medium bowl. In another bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, honey, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned around edges and set in the middle.
- If baked in parchment, gently lift bars out of pan and set on cooling rack. When cool, slice into squares.
Calories: 122 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 86mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 5g
To read the full instructions and discover more fun, healthy recipes, visit Sally’s site: www.realmomnutrition.com